Friday, September 7, 2012

Philippians 2:9


“Therefore God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name that is above ever name.” Philippians 2:9

All week we have been seeing how Jesus humbled Himself and became a servant, and now we see that because He did those things, God exalted Him.

Humility always comes before exaltation. This is a reoccurring lesson throughout Scripture.

1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you.”

James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.”

I want to live a life marked by humility. It is a fact that if one exalts himself God will humble him, but if one humbles himself God will exalt him.

Lord, help me to be humble.

Application: Today I will ask the Lord to show me an area in my life where I have exalted myself and need to be humbled.

No comments: