Friday, September 7, 2012

Acts 2:43


“And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.” Acts 2:43

In verse 42 we saw the believers’ devotion to the things of God, and now we see God working.

“Awe came upon every soul, and many signs were being done through the apostles.”

One of the definitions of awe is wonder. The people were filled with wonder as they were devoted to God and saw Him work through His apostles. I believe that there is a connection between our devotion to the Lord and our sense of awe of Him. God is always, always at work, whether we realize it or not, but I believe that it is when we are in close fellowship with our heavenly Father that our spiritual eyes are opened to His working in and around us.

When I am in close communion with Jesus, I find myself standing more and more in awe of Him. I am amazed and humbled by the ways He has worked in my life and by the ways He has shown His goodness to me.

I want to be deeply devoted to Jesus, to be a step closer to Him each new day, to stand in awe of who He is.

Application Today, to help me stand in awe of Him, I will journal about a time in my life I have experienced God’s faithfulness.

No comments: