Friday, September 7, 2012

Ephesians 5:18


“And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit.” Ephesians 5:18

Oh, how I long to be filled with the Spirit every moment of every day! I long to live completely and utterly dependent upon Him.

Every day I sin an fall short, and I need the blood of Jesus to cover me and so I can be filled anew with His Spirit. I need to be emptied of myself so I can be filled with Him.

In John 14:26 Jesus said, “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”

I desperately need the help and comfort of the Holy Spirit in my life. What a comfort it is when He brings to my mind the words of Jesus. I want to be filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit so that I never miss a word He wants to speak to me.

I read a book about the Holy Spirit entitled “Forgotten God” by Francis Chan and in it he wrote about how the Holy Spirit is the Comforter, and if our lives are comfortable, why would we need to experience the Comforter? This really ministered to me, especially since I read this when I was in Belize and going through a hard time.

Even now, it still really ministers to me, as it reminds me to not seek to live a comfortable life, but to seek the life in which I’ll most experience the Comforter.

Yesterday was one of those days that I found myself really homesick, and yet what a joy to know the Comforter walks beside me, and that each hardship is an opportunity to be filled anew with His comfort.
Jesus, please help me to remember these truths and apply them to my life, especially on the hard days.
Please continually fill me with Your Spirit.

Application:  I will pray to be filled with His Spirit and HIS comfort.


No comments: