Friday, September 7, 2012

1 Timothy 6:7


“for we brought nothing into this world, and we cannot take anything out of the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.” 1 Timothy 6:7

Paul, after speaking of contentment, now says that just as we brought nothing into this world, so we can take nothing out of it.

This verse reminds me of the verses in Matthew where Jesus said, “Do not lay up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matthew 6:19-21)

I want to live for the eternal, to live each day with a heavenly perspective. A missionary pastor in Belize that I know said that there are three things that are eternal:

1.       God
2.       The Word of God
3.       The souls of men

I don’t want to waste my life living for that which will one day fade away. I want to live for the eternal. I want to live to know and love God and His Word more, and I want to live to share His Word with others.

No comments: