Friday, September 7, 2012

Ephesians 5:19


“addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart.” Ephesians 5:19

I long to spend my life singing and making melody to the Lord with my heart!

In Psalm 39 David said, “What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it tell of Your faithfulness?”
I absolutely love this verse, because it makes me want to praise the Lord with all that I am, and it makes me want to spend my life declaring God’s faithfulness.

God has been so very good to me, even when life has been hard. He has proven His faithfulness to me time and time again. I long to live in such a way that declares His faithfulness. I long for my life to be a sweet praise song to Him.

To be sure, life is hard, and yet the Lord has given me every reason to sing. As the song by Chris Tomlin says, “How can I keep from singing?”

Even in the hardest of times, the Lord has given me every reason to sing. He loves me. He is faithful. He grace is sufficient. Jesus, may I continually sing praises to You in my heart, no matter what.

Application: Today I will memorize Lamentations 3:21-24

No comments: