Friday, September 7, 2012

Acts 2:46


“And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts.” Acts 2:46

In the previous verses we saw that the believers were devoted to the Lord, unified, and had giving hearts. Now in verse 26 we see that their hearts were glad.

This is a great picture to us believers of true joy. Joy is Jesus, others, you. Joy is putting myself last. The believers were devoted to Jesus, were serving each other in their giving of themselves, and thus they were glad.

 I want my life to be marked by my devotion to Jesus and my service to Him and to others. If someone were to look at my life, I want them to be able to clearly see my devotion to Jesus. It is when I’m devoted to Him that I find strength to serve, and it is in that serving I find joy.

Application: Today I will pray that the Lord will help me not be self focused. I will pray that He will help me not focus on my weaknesses and shortcomings, but instead on being devoted to Him and serving others.

No comments: