Friday, September 7, 2012

Ephesians 5:16


“Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:16

In the previous verse Paul warned the Ephesians to walk wisely, and now he tells them to make the best use of their time. I believe that these two commands go hand in hand.

When I am walking in wisdom, one of the fruits of that will be making the best use of my time.

Every moment the Lord gives me is a gift, and I want to embrace each moment and use it for His glory.
I want to live each and every day with a missionary mindset, ready to share Jesus with others , using my time here on earth to proclaim His name.

Honestly, since I have been here at Potter’s Field it’s been hard for me to be away from everyone.
Don’t get me wrong, I love fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ, but I miss going to work and praying that the Lord would use me as a light there. My heart still aches to be with those I know and love who don’t know and love Jesus.

Even though I miss being able to be a witness at work, I can still make the best use of my time by praying for my coworkers, that they would come to Christ. I can make the best use of my time by being faithful to the work the Lord has called me to here, and by serving my brothers and sisters.

Lord Jesus, please help me to be faithful with the time You have given me.

Application: Today I will make a list of the names of my coworkers who don’t know Jesus and will spend time in prayer for them.

No comments: