Thursday, September 20, 2012

John 17:24


“Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, may be with Me where I am, too see My glory that You have given Me, because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.” John 17: 24

This verse should fill every believer which such joy and comfort. How amazing it is that Jesus actually desires us to be with Him! The perfect One, the spotless Lamb, the Son of God, the Great I am, wants to be with me; a sinner. I am so thankful for what He accomplished on the cross so that I can be with Him. There is no way on my own that I am able to enter into His presence – it is only by His blood. Jesus has completed the work necessary to bring me into fellowship with Himself.

I am reminded of John 14:1-3 – “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told You that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.”

Even before Jesus spoke these words, He knew the doubts and fears that would so often plague me. He knew the sleepless nights I would face because of my fears, He knew the tears I would cry because of my doubts. He knew all these things, and He also knew the remedy for my doubts and fears. The remedy is the assurance that I will one day be with Him in Heaven. He is preparing a place for me in Heaven, and what a sweet comfort that is to me. There are many doubts and fears that I face in this life, and yet I always need to go back to the words of Jesus, remembering that He calls me to believe and trust in Him, to take Him at His Word that He is preparing a place for me. On those sleepless nights when fears and anxieties swarm in my mind, I believe that Jesus longs for me to remember these words which He spoke in John 14; that He is preparing a place for me. “My child,” He sweetly whispers, “Fear not, for even as you lay here overwhelmed by fear, I am preparing a place for you beside Me. Nothing can take you from My perfect hand. Rest in the hope of heaven, rest in Me. Hold onto My words, and let them be a comfort to your troubled heart.”

I am so thankful that Jesus is preparing a place for me to be with Him in glory forever, and not only that, but He actually desires for me to be with Him forever. What a gracious and loving Savior!

Jesus, please remind me of these things daily. I am so prone to fear, so prone to doubt and anxiety. Please remind me of Your words in the gospel of John, and please help me to trust Your Word. I believe, please help my unbelief.

Application: Today I will ask the Lord to help me listen to His voice and not to my fears and anxieties.


No comments: