Friday, September 7, 2012

Acts 2:44


“And all who believed were together and had all things in common.” Acts 2:44

We see here a beautiful picture of unity. This verse says that “all who believed were together”, and I believe that together doesn’t simply mean in the same room as one another, but means that their hearts were united.
Christ calls all believers everywhere to be unified in Him. In John 17:22-23 Jesus said in His prayer:

“The glory that You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and You in Me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them even as You have loved Me."

Jesus deeply desires for His people to be unified, for the unity of His people is a testimony to a lost and dying world.

The enemy does all he can to break the unity of the church. We need to recognize that we are in a battle against the enemy and be willing to fight for unity.
Unity happens when self dies, because in our flesh we cannot be unified. It is only in the Spirit that we are united together as one.

Lord, help me to be selfless, to walk according to Your Spirit, and not according to my flesh. May there be unity in Your body.

Application: Today I will pray for unity specifically for my team who is going to Costa Rica.

No comments: