Friday, September 7, 2012

1 Timothy 6:8


“But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.” 1 Timothy 6:8

In the verse before this, Paul said, “for we brought nothing in to this world, and we cannot take anything out of the world”, and now he says we will be content simply having food and clothing.

As I said before, contentment is a choice, not a feeling or an emotion. Am I going to choose to be content with that which God has blessed me, or am I going to choose to think about that which I don’t have?

Yesterday’s verse made me realize how much I really want to live for the eternal. I pray that Jesus would help me do this. I want to live each day trusting in Him to provide my needs, and to not focus on my “wants”.

Matthew 6:25-26 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

 My heavenly Father is so faithful. He will provide for my every need. I can trust Him. Lord, help me live for the eternal, to be content in all that You have so richly given me, and to trust You to provide for my needs.

Application: Today I will read Matthew 6:25-34 to remind me to trust my heavenly Father.

No comments: