Friday, September 7, 2012

Ephesians 5:15


In Ephesians 5:8, Paul told the Ephesians to walk as children of light. He went onto say not to partake of that which is done in darkness, but rather expose the deeds of darkness. Ephesians 5:13-14 says: “But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, ‘Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you’.”

Now we come to verse 15:
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise, but as wise.”

We saw in verses 13-14 all of our deeds will be exposed, the light of Christ will shine on us and reveal our actions. Because of this fact, we need to walk carefully and wisely.

When Christ shines His light on me, I want Him to find my already walking in His light, not walking in the darkness of my sin.

I am so thankful that I don’t have to walk alone. Jesus is right beside me every step of the way, giving me the grace to keep walking in His light.

How I long to walk in a way that pleases my Lord, a way that brings a smile to His face!

Psalm 85:13 “Righteousness will go before Him, and shall make His footsteps our pathway.”
I love this verse, and I pray that His footsteps would be my pathway.

Application: I will memorize Psalm 25:4-5 to encourage me to walk in His way.

No comments: