Friday, September 7, 2012

Philippians 2:8


“And being found in human form, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” Philippians 2:8

This is what I am called to do, to be obedient even to death.

Jesus called me to come here to Potter’s Field, and in order for me to be obedient and come, I had to die to myself. Don’t get me wrong, my heart is for missions and deep inside I really did want to come, but I had my doubts and my fears.

I had to die to myself and surrender to Jesus and decide to walk in obedience.

As the time approached for me to leave, I was working a lot and grew to really love my job. I began to realize how hard it would be to give it up. Once again, I had to die to myself.

Since I’ve been here, the Lord has been growing me and stretching me. I really miss my family, and at times have wanted so badly to go home, yet daily Jesus calls me to die to myself and to walk in obedience.

Dying to self is hard, and more often than not it hurts, but it is so worth it. There is no greater blessing than that blessing which is found in obedience.

Application: Memorize Galatians 2:19-20

No comments: