Friday, September 7, 2012

Philippians 2:7


“but made Himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men” Philippians 2:7

Jesus made Himself nothing. He became a servant. He who is God became a man.

This verse is such a challenge to me. Do I make myself nothing, am I a servant?
I am such a selfish human being, but how I long to be selfless!

Since being here at Potter’s Field, I have been convicted about emptying myself and serving others, about considering their interests higher than my own.

I love serving others, I really do, but I have found myself becoming so preoccupied with getting homework down, doing my treatments, and trying to get enough rest that I am sad to say I know I have missed many opportunities to serve.

Oh Lord, please help me to empty myself. I want to be Your servant. Please give me strength and show me how to manage everything while still serving you.

Application: Once again, today I will look for a way I can serve one of my sisters.

No comments: