Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Proverbs 3:15


“She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.” Proverbs 3:15
In the previous two verses we saw that wisdom is better than silver and gold, and now again we see how priceless wisdom really is. It’s as if King Solomon is really trying to drive this point home to us. 
Wisdom is more precious than jewels. When I think of jewels, I think of precious treasures. This is how we should view wisdom. We should think of wisdom (knowledge applied) as a priceless and precious treasure, worth so very much. If there is a priceless and precious treasure that I know about, I’m going to want to seek that treasure until I find it. I think of the song lyrics that go like this: “Seeking You as a precious jewel, Lord to give up I’d be a fool, You are my all in all.” In Jesus is found all the wisdom I could ever have, and as I seek Him I believe I will gain more and more wisdom. Daily I need to wake up and really see Jesus as my precious jewel, the One that I want to seek with all that I am.
Application: Tonight I will memorize Psalm 27:8 to remind me to seek Jesus in all things. 
“You have said, ‘Seek My face.’ My heart says to You, ‘Your face, LORD, do I seek.’” Psalm 27:8

No comments: