Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Proverbs 3:13-14


 “Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.” Proverbs 3:13-14

We see here that Solomon writes of the blessings of being a person of wisdom and understanding. I think that another way to say this verse is to substitute the word happy for blessed – “Happy is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.”  This makes me think, if the Bible tells me what to do in order to find happiness, wouldn’t it make sense for me to do it? As humans, we can get pulled into the lie that money will make us happy, and yet here it is very clear that having wisdom and understanding is even better than earthly riches. My favorite definition of wisdom is that it is knowledge applied. This is a perfect definition for me as I am here at Missions Training School gaining a wealth of knowledge. I am so thankful to be learning so much in such a short amount of time, and yet I have to remember that unless I am actively applying what I am learning, it’s not really doing me any good, I’m not being wise with what the Lord has entrusted to me. How I long to every day seek to make wisdom my friend, to really apply to my life the truths that I am learning, to really believe that in so doing I possess even greater treasures than silver or gold.

Application: Today I will commit Proverbs 3:13-14 to memory to help me remember to apply to my life the knowledge of what I am learning here in school.

No comments: