Sunday, October 26, 2008

He's Coming Back!

Today in church our pastor talked some about our Heavenly Hope.
We have been studying the book of Revelation and it's been a challenge but also an encouragement, especially today.

I loved it when he talked about how we should daily be watching and waiting for the Lord's return, sitting at the edge of our seats living as though today is the day! Oh how differently I'm sure each and everyone of us would live, knowing He would soon be here to take us back.

Needless to say it was a big encouragement and a great reminder to me to keep my eyes fixed on the things above.

Then tonight at church group we sang the song "I Am Amazed" Man I totally love that song and the last verse, the one that says "I am bound for paradise..." really touched me. It was the perfect ending to the day. Singing that song and knowing that I am bound for paradise, it is real and it is right.

It's a challenge to me to remember daily to live and watch for His return. Sometimes it seems so far away, and other times it seems even further. But I need to stop living by what I feel and start living by what I know. I know Jesus is coming back to take us home. I know I am to be thinking on the things above, and storing up treasures in Heaven. I may not know what day He is returning, but I know I am to live as though it's today. I know Jesus is coming!

How differently we would view our daily lives if we would just live each day in that hope. How much richer would our lives be! So let's take up a stand. Let's live each day in the hope of Jesus Christ. Let's not just keep it inside us, but let it consume us. Let's live each day to know God more and more. Let's wake up each day knowing this may be the day. Let's live each day in the Lord's grace. Let's never stop watching for His return. Let's live at the edge of our seats.

2 Thessalonians 4:17
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

"I am bound for paradise
And it is real, and it is right
To believe Your words in black and red
That You'll come back just like You said and...

I'm amazed, I am amazed
At what Your word tells me You did
I'm amazed, I am amazed
You gave it all so I might live
And I'm amazed with You"

You're coming back! Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: