Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Champ

Just wanted to let you all know of a sweet girl named Stephi nicknamed "The Champ" The reasons for her nickname is obvious, she is definitely a fighter and champion!
Stephanie is part of my "Caringbridge Family" and has Down Syndrome and was born with a heart defect. She has had to fight for life way harder than anyone should ever need to. I just wanted to give a small post about her asking for you all to pray for her and her wonderful family. Pray works and they need it right now as always. Please join me in prayer for this special little girl and her family.

Champ's mommy wrote a special poem for her special daughter:

An angel sent to Earth for me, to show me things I could not see.
A little one with light brown curls, Gods precious gift--My little girl
A broken heart would beat within, all we could do was wait on Him.
A smile from her, can light a room, she soars above a world of gloom.
As SHE suffers, many lives are touched. Our little Champ, she endures so much.
But, Father God, I can't understand... Why won't you move your mighty hand?
PLEASE take away some of these crosses she bears, let her ENJOY the life that you have spared.
Let her talk, and walk, and eat. Let her feel the sand beneath her feet.
Let her whisper words, or yell for joy. Maybe even meet that special boy.
Let her dance, and run, and do what girls do. Let me hear her say "Mommy, I love you"
Lord, please NOW- lift her burdens up. This is too much, for her tiny cup

1 comment:

Lori said...

Such a beautiful and heart wrenching poem. Thank you for sharing it with us.