Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Subway


So this is a story that I find hilariously funny. But to you it may seem a bit of a bore as it might be one of those "have to have been there" types of stories. But we'll give it a shot...

This takes place in Germany -

Now our means of transportation was either the subway or walking. Given a choice, I always voted for the subway. Not that I dislike walking, I really did enjoy walking through the streets of Berlin, but everything exciting seemed to happen at the subway.

So one day, I can't remember which but it was towards the beginning of the trip, we went on the Subway. Not everyone from the team was with us just because this was one time when we split up, one group going one place and the other another place. We were at the station, got on the subway and were waiting for it to leave for the next station. The doors were closing when all of a sudden this guy tries to get on in time. Well, he didn't quite make it. I mean, he did, but he sorta got stuck in the door. It was HILARIOUS. I wish I had saw the whole thing but I wasn't paying that close attention until I heard a big BANG and then the pastors and another team member say "whoa" and trying to help the guy on. He made it, without any harm done really, except his face was beet red, whether from panic or embarrassment I do not know. Probably both.

I wanted to laugh outright then and there, as a matter of fact I started to...but one look at the guy's face told me I'd be wise to wait til a later time to do my giggling.

We made it off the subway and I was laughing uncontrollably. One of my friend's on the team was thinking it was so funny I found it all so comical. Finally the assistant pastor asked me what I kept laughing about. I told him and he was also amazed I found that so funny. I was laughing non-stop for probably the longest I ever had, to the point where I was falling down. Everyone was just staring at me laughing, but laughing not because of the guy but because of me.

Sooo, that was one of the major funny stories of the whole trip. Every time someone (which was usually me) mentioned that I would just about die of laughter. I was still laughing late that night and people thought I was so crazy when I told them I was still laughing about that guy. They said the guy probably even forgot it by now so it was kinda weird I remembered so much.

I think it was the next day, maybe two days later, we were on the Subway once again and a lady got her purse stuck in the door. The pastor of CC Berlin told me I was bad luck since never before in his life had he seen someone or something stuck in the door, and here I go and see it twice in 2 days!

I loved the Subway.

No comments: