Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cubbies

I might have mentioned before that I help out with the Cubbies (3, 4, & 5 year olds) at church. If I haven't, well, I guess I'm mentioning it now. :)

Last time one of the cutest little girls on the face of this earth said the cutest thing.

Here's the conversation, to the best of my memory:

Mike (teacher of the class): "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Bethany: "I want to be a Queen, but queens are bad. She hurries to explain: But I'm not going to be a bad one. I'll be a good one."
Mike: Well that's good! What are you going to be the Queen of?"
Bethany: "I'm going to be a Queen who lives in a castle."
Mike: "Oh, do you have a Prince?"
Bethany: "Yes. His name is Miles and he goes to my school."
Mike: "Really? Does he know he's your Prince?"
Bethany: "Yes he knows it. Bethany pauses for a moment then says: No actually he doesn't know yet."

Bethany exits the "stage" in her beautiful Queen gown and goes sits down while Mike calls on the next child to explain what "career" they want to have when they grow up.

It was way too cute! I totally love being in there with all those kids.
They never fail to make me laugh or to give me something to smile about - even days later.
I love those kids.

No comments: