Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life's Happenings

Well, since it seems it's been awhile since my last post I thought I should do so. :)

Things have been going well. I am really looking forward to summer. It is May - Yay! Our swimming pool is just about ready to open for the season, another BIG YAY!

We've also been remodeling our kitchen and bathrooms which makes things crazy. Not really having a kitchen, for awhile only having one bathroom with 5 people in the house, and having only one sink with running water makes things kinda crazy. But I am excited for when things will be all done.

The apologetic study (apologetics defend our Christian faith) has been going great. I at first was thinking we had all summer to study, but really we only have 3 lessons. The debate will take place on May 18th (one week from this Sunday). I have been finding it all so interesting and I really enjoy it. It's also been a LOT of history and it's one of those things where it would be nice to be able to listen to it over and over because each time you'd catch something else. Last week was the most interesting so far, talking about "how do we know God exists?" The teacher asked everyone if we can PROVE He exists and of course we are all nodding our heads. Finally the pastor in the back said "Nope". I was a little surprised since I thought the class was going to be saying how we can prove God exists. But, really, we can't. Not scientifically, but if we BELIEVE He exists, then we should be able to give reasons and evidence. And really, it makes a whole lot of sense. And after discussing it for a long time it helped me understand that when we choose to believe in Jesus, we're not just taking a blind step of faith. It logically and truly does make a whole lot of sense. A point that I found very interesting was this: using the scientific method we can't "prove" God exists. We can't "prove" He exists by observable and repeatable experiences. However, using that method it can also equally be said that using the scientific method you can't "prove" Napoleon existed.The limitations in the scientific method is it must be repeatable, but can we relive History? No. Can we go back to when Abraham Lincoln was assassinated? Can we go back to when Hitler was alive? Can we go back to the crucifixion of Christ? No, we can't. But just because we can't, doesn't make those events any less a reality.

People will wonder why a lot of "smart" people don't believe if it really logically makes sense. The answer is that a lot of the issue is not that people don't have enough evidence, it's the moral issue, they just don't want to believe. Because, when you believe in God, you know you need to submit to Him, and people don't wanna do that. We also went into A LOT of different other beliefs and I was amazed at some of them. I think "how could anyone truly believe that?" and yet they do, and that's sad. Some people don't believe in any god and some have like 50. It's a crazy world, and I know that God wants us as believers to shine to others His love, His Son. I thank Him for the grace that allows us to do so. I really would like to explain more on why it makes so much sense God is real, and I plan to do just that after I finish studing some more. I have it all in my mind and yet I can't explain it very well. I also hope to share more on other religions, because I have found it very interesting. I left my "handout" with a lot of information at church but the teacher has another one for me that I will get next time I go. He also has a lot more stuff on apologetics that I plan on asking for.

This weekend should be fun. I just decided to participate in "Steps for Life" with my church, a walk-a-thon that supports The Pregnancy Resource Center. Since it is on Saturday, I really don't have much time to raise money for it, but I set a goal and will do my best to achieve it! Any little bit helps and we will have a good time. I've never done this before, although my church does this every year, so it will be a fun time.

So yep, that's basically what's going on in my life right now! Nothing too exciting but I really wanted to post so thought I would :) I hope God is blessing you all lots!!


No comments: