Saturday, May 24, 2008

Germany Mission Trip

Dear Friends and Family,

In August a team of people from my church (Calvary Chapel Southeast) will be going to Berlin, Germany on a mission trip. After much prayer and thought, I have decided to join them. This is my first mission trip and I am very excited!

I would like to ask for your support by praying for me as I prepare for this mission. Please pray that God would work in me and through me, and that together we would bless the people of Berlin, and show them the love of Jesus Christ.

While in Germany we will be helping our friend, Harold Paul Rostig, who is the pastor of Calvary Chapel Berlin. As most of our focus this trip will be on the neighborhood children, we will be holding several different outreaches for them. We plan to hold activities for them including games, food, music, possibly puppets, and of course Bible studies. Other outreaches include music on the subway, and an outreach on college campuses. We also are preparing for possible engagement in one on one conversations with Muslims.

However great or small the outcome of all these events may be, my hope and prayer is that we could reach out to the people of Berlin, showing them just how much our Savior loves them.

I sincerely thank you for all your love and prayers. If you would like to support me financially*, I would greatly appreciate it. However, above all, I ask for your prayers.

Thank you and God bless,
Emily

*please note that all donations are tax deductible if made out to Calvary Chapel Southeast, with “Emily Peterson – Germany” in the memo line. Checks can be mailed to:

Calvary Chapel Southeast Portland
13520 SE Pheasant Ct
Milwaukie, OR 97222

Thank you.

2 comments:

Aki and Colleen said...

Germany sounds exciting. You will have a wonderful time learning as well as teaching.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I'm so excited that for you that the Lord brought this to you! I'll be praying that you get enough money and that you'll be safe.
Love you!
~Marissa