Thursday, July 27, 2017

God Sees and Cares

Psalm 33 has always been one of my favorites; it's one of my "go to" Psalms. As I read it yesterday, a couple of verses seemed to jump out at me. I've read them many times before, but suddenly they ministered to me in a sweet way. I love how that happens! Truly God's Word is alive, and through it He is so faithful to speak to His children.

"The LORD looks from heaven;
He sees all the sons of men.
From the place of His dwelling He looks
On all the inhabitants of the earth;
He fashions their hearts individually;
He considers all their works."
~Psalm 33:13-15

I love the truth in these verses. I'm thankful for the fact that even though the Lord is in heaven, even though He is God Most High, still He chooses to look upon humanity. Though He is in heaven, He chooses to be intimately involved with mankind, which is the whole reason He came to this earth to die upon the cross. I'm very thankful for that sacrifice He made. He chose to give up His life so that He could be a part of mine. Truly I could never thank Him enough.

It brings me much comfort to remember that my God has His eye upon me. He fashioned my heart and He holds my heart, my days, in His hand. I'm thankful to be able to worship the God who made the heavens and earth, and I'm thankful to know that my life matters to Him. He cares about His people so much more than we could ever begin to comprehend.

The Lord's eyes are upon me, and I want my eyes to be upon Him. I was actually reminded of this just this morning as I read 2 Chronicles 20.
I like what was said in verse 12:
"O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You."

I love that. King Jehoshaphat said they didn't know what to do, BUT their eyes were on God. It's so easy for me to get caught up with so many anxieties and in my own thoughts. It is when I fix my eyes upon Jesus that hope and peace come.

How thankful I am for the peace that comes when I choose to fix my eyes upon Jesus; when I choose to fix my eyes upon the One who has His eyes upon me!

“The God who created, names and numbers the stars in the heavens also numbers the hairs of my head. He pays attention to very big things and to very small ones. What matters to me matters to Him, and that changes my life.”
~Elisabeth Elliot

No comments: