Saturday, June 22, 2013

Strength and Comfort

There have been many times in this life when my strength has failed; times I have been so weak and weary.
As hard as these times might be, it is when I am weak that I see His strength; it is when my strength fails that I realize His is still perfect.
I've read Psalm 71 many, many times, but today as I read it, verse 16 jumped out at me:
"I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only."
How comforting it is to know that I can go in HIS strength. I don't need to try to go through my day in my own strength. From the moment I wake up to the moment I put my head on the pillow, and all the moments in between, it is His strength which enables me to keep going.
When God places a calling on my life, He gives with it the strength to fulfill it...His perfect strength.
Verse 21 of Psalm 71: "You shall increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side." 
I love this...comfort on every side. No matter what the struggles, trials, setbacks, or disappointments I might be facing, His comfort is mine, and it is protecting me all around. I can run to His Word, rest in His arms, and lean close, knowing that nothing can take me from His loving embrace. There is so much comfort in Jesus, and the harder this life is, the more opportunity I have to experience that sweet comfort. Likewise, the weaker I feel, the more I will experience His strength.
How thankful I am to be living life for Jesus! When my strength fails, His is still perfect, and when I'm discouraged, He comforts me.
Strength and comfort...these are mine in Jesus.

No comments: