Monday, November 24, 2008

His Grace

Thanksgiving is approaching quickly, and while there are countless blessings for which I am thankful, I am just going to name one. For to name all my many blessings would take forever, because God is just THAT good. I am giving thanks for what He has given me, but I will be most thankful for His grace. Really, the list could be endless of whom and for what I am thankful, but I think it could all be summed up in that simple word...grace.

I'm thankful that His grace is sufficient for me, and I'm thankful that He loves me so much He died for me just so I could have that grace. It's nothing short of amazing.

So right now, today and forever, count your blessings. But never forget the most precious one of all. Grace. There is nothing that this life can throw at you that His grace can't handle. Nothing.

And to me, that's the greatest blessing of all, for I know how often I fail, how often I mess up, how often I fall upon His grace. I know that each and every day I need the grace of God, and that apart from that grace, I am nothing.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: