Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chocolate Ice Cream

Last night at the meeting I was talking with Ty, a lady who is also going on the mission trip. We were talking how it's so hard witnessing to family members. I myself know that I never feel that I say the right thing, I always come away feeling like I failed. She understood and said that it's so hard. We were talking about how we know in our hearts that Jesus is real just by knowing what He has done in our own lives, our own hearts. How when we go and spend our quiet time with Him we know that we're not just talking to ourselves, but truly Jesus meets us right in that place. Ty said she guesses that people can't really understand that until they have experienced it for themselves. The pastor leading the trip, who was standing nearby, then said "It's like chocolate ice cream." He said that you can tell someone how yummy, how delicious, how wonderful it is, but until they have tasted it for themselves, they can't really understand why we're so excited about it. That's exactly like Jesus. We can be all excited and siked about how awesome and wonderful our time with Him is, how amazing His love in our hearts is, but until they too experince it, until they get a taste for themselves, they won't really understand.

It's my hope and prayer that we can be those who are so excited about our "Chocolate Ice Cream" and be so enthusiastic about Him that we will make others hungry for a taste.

2 comments:

celestemc said...

I LOVE chocolate ice cream!!! It is so hard, like you said. I hate when people take a "taste" and then think that God is not for them.... they prefer the other flavors in this world.

And these days, there are many, many flavors out there enticing our loved ones away.

I guess most importantly, we just need to continue praying for them rather than trying to have the perfect words. God will give us His words in His timing. He knows.

I love you sweetie, and so love reading your posts! How cool about Germany!! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Be sure to say hello to Harold Paul for me!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.